VWread Vibrating Wire Readout
The VWread is a handheld readout that reads most commercially available geotechnical Vibrating Wire (VW) sensors and built-in thermistor temperature sensors.
With wide sweeping range of 400 – 6000 Hz, the VWread is very versatile and easy to use.
- Portable and rugged
- Compatible with nearly all VW sensors
- Realtime display of VW sensor readings in Hz, Hz 2 /1000 and period
- Reading and displaying parameters can be fully configured
- Long battery life; powered by a NiMH rechargeable battery
- User selectable display backlight; auto shutdown
- Easy to carry and operate in all site conditions
- Readings are accurate, repeatable and interference free
- Taking readings is simple, fast and error free
- Optional higher 15V excitation ensures quality readings for sensors with long cables
The operation of VWread is driven by the onboard menu. The main menu gives access to all VWread functions, including:
- READ – take a reading of the VW sensor currently connected to VWread.
- SENSOR SETUP – configure sensor reading parameters such as sweep range, frequency units, temperature units and excitation voltage.
- DEVICE SETUP – configure display parameters, such as contrast, backlight and auto off.
- DEVICE INFO – displays the info of the device, such as firmware version, battery voltage and board temperature.
The VWread can be used to read Vibrating Wire sensors for geotechnical and structural monitoring.
Typical applications include:
- Pore pressure monitoring
- Water level monitoring
- Strain monitoring
- Displacement monitoring
- Crack monitoring
- Load monitoring
- Pressure cell monitoring