ARGUS Monitoring Software
ARGUS Monitoring Software is a web-based data-management, calculation and presentation tool. It provides a reliable and cost efficient method for processing and monitoring ASCII files with numerical data.
ARGUS is an easy-to-use software suite with a graphical user interface (GUI) that allows quick and easy interpretation of large amounts of instrumentation data from a variety of sources.
Readings can either be imported automatically from almost any data acquisition system, or alternatively uploaded manually to ARGUS from a variety of data sources.
The data is then calculated and displayed in user-selectable engineering units, which can be compared to site-specific thresholds. The user can receive over-threshold alerts via email.
ARGUS is a powerful software tool that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your geotechnical or structural monitoring projects.
- Handles all data processing requirements
- Fully configurable, to suit specific project requirements
- Run from a server
- Reliable open-source operating system
- Multiple language support
- Accessible from anywhere that has an internet connection
- Available 24 hours a day
- No software installation required
- Provides a reliable and cost-efficient method for processing and monitoring ASCII files with numerical data
- Imports from almost any data acquisition system
- No limit to the number of sensors that can be processed
- Allows access to data from multiple users at any time from any internet-connected PC
- Data can be protected using different user permission levels
- Can send automated alarms on pre-set trigger levels
- Allows the input of manual data
ARGUS can be purchased in one of two options: either a hosting or an administration package.
When using the hosting package, ARGUS is installed on itmsoil’s servers and the client rents the use of the software depending on a number of requirements: number of sensors and period of use, for example.
With the administration package, the client owns the software and it is installed on their own server. A one year maintenance contract is required with the purchase which provides all the necessary updates and support from itmsoil.
Once ARGUS hosting has been purchased, or an ARGUS administration package installed, projects can be created, logos changed or added, any sensor setup edited and projects configured over an easy-to-use web interface.
ARGUS is an open system that uses a reliable open-source operating system, web server, database and programming language. It allows import of data from many sources and formats.
ARGUS Monitoring Software has been developed for the LAMP system (Linux Apache MySQL PHP). The software is based on PHP, using the MySQL relational database to store its data and the Apache web server to present the data online.
ARGUS is always online – a true multi-tasking data management and presentation tool. It can import data from automated systems, allow manual data entry, allow changes to its configuration, display graphs, present plots and send reports – all at the same time – from different locations and for multiple users.
The most distinctive property of ARGUS is its ability to store ‘raw’ datain the database and present the calculated results ‘on-the-fly’ to the user. This ensures that the presented results are always up-to-date; a change in the calculation method or the raw data is instantly visible.
ARGUS can be used in nearly all data producing applications; typical examples include data from:
- Railway track monitoring
- Tunnels (both construction and operation)
- Manual survey points
- Dams and bridges
- Structures affected by construction
- Mining projects
- Metro/underground systems
- Large structure construction/monitoring (power stations)