The Modem logger is a highly advanced, rugged, low-power, two channel datalogger, with one channel reading an external 0-10V sensor and the other channel an external pulse sensor.
The unit combines a high capacity datalogger with an on-board GSM/GPRS Quad band modem. The logger runs on a single D-Cell Lithium battery and is housed in a compact, robust enclosure for reliable use in the field.
Readings are stored on a local SD card and are transmitted in engineering units to any FTP site via the GSM/GPRS modem.
Logger settings are easily configured by the user, allowing full control of settings and alarms, making the device completely adaptable to site specific changes.
The Logger incorporates an intelligent ‘passive’ to ‘active’ alarm system with up to six user defined prioritisation thresholds, reducing battery consumption and an overload of needless data.
With high capacity monitoring, automatic data transmission and active multi layered alarming, the Modem Logger is an efficient, cost effective solution to meet your monitoring requirements.
- On-board GSM/GPRS modem
- Data delivered in engineering units
- Intelligent alarming with 6 user defined thresholds and alarm notification via SMS and FTP
- Optional alarm suppression
- Low power; requires one D-Cell Lithium battery
- Reads 2 channels; a 0-10V sensor and a pulse sensor
- Integrated barometric pressure sensor
- Micro SD card
- Data delivered direct to ‘ARGUS’ Software via FTP
- No post-processing of data required
- Swift notification of changes in site conditions, alerting multiple users
- Reduces the likelihood of false alarms
- Operates for up to 2 years without battery change
- Intelligent dual sensor capability
- Atmospheric pressure compensation
- Internal logging of millions of data points
The Modem Logger is a high capacity two channel datalogger with an integrated barometric compensator and an on-board GSM/GPRS Quad band modem and SIM. Channel one reads a 0-10V sensor and channel two a pulse sensor, such as a rain gauge.
The Logger can either be programmed manually using a PC or laptop with a USB cable, or remotely via the FTP server using an editable settings file from which reading, logging and uploading parameters are set and calibration factors and alarms defined.
The alarm system, SMS functions, reading intervals and schedules can be programmed or changed at any time quickly and efficiently via the FTP site. The data can then be viewed by anyone at any time; all that is required is an internet connection and the log on details for the FTP server.
The multi layered ‘passive’ to ‘active’ alarm system incorporates up to six user defined prioritisation thresholds. Once setup, the Logger remains in ‘passive’ mode logging at user defined intervals until any of the pre-set alarm levels are breached, at which point it will automatically switch to ‘active’ mode and initiate increased data transfer to the FTP site whilst simultaneously sending out multi-level SMS text alerts to multiple contacts.
The readings are automatically transferred to the FTP site in engineering units, so data can be directly imported into ‘ARGUS’ Monitoring Software.
The Modem Logger reads a 0-10V sensor and a pulse sensor for geotechnical and environmental monitoring.
Typical applications include:
- Pore pressure
- Water level